AEE – Institute for Sustainable Technologies (AEE INTEC) is an independent research association which was founded in 1988. Currently over 60 employees from 8 different nations are working at AEE INTEC. Furthermore, the institute regularly awards dissertations, master theses and internships.
The activities of AEE INTEC include:
- fundamental as well as applied research
- national and international R&D projects
- cooperation with universities, technical colleges, other research facilities and industry
The three major departments of AEE INTEC are “Thermal Energy Technologies and Hybrid Systems”, “Buildings and Renovation” as well as “Industrial Processes and Energy Systems”.
In the research project, BIM will be used to support real-time coupled "digital twins" of buildings throughout their entire life cycle. Goal is the development of an interactive BIM-based tool for visualizing sensor networks embedded in buildings which helps to track energy. By using BIM as the main platform for managing complex building information, the project aims to go beyond existing building dashboards and provide a comprehensive framework for optimizing building operation in BIM logic. The project will develop the basics of intuitively aggregating data collected from various sources and presenting and implementing it in 3D BIM to enhance the ability to derive more complex causal relationships related to building performance and overall operational requirements.
Outline of the Master-Thesis
- Coupling of existing 3D building models (BIM) with sensor data, IOT with open interfaces to existing BIM environments (Platform: Autodesk Forge, e.g.)
- Implementation bidirectional data transfer with existing BIM models with an existing monitored building model to be validated with measurement data including data from building services and room sensors in real-time (digital twin)
- Solution-focused, autonomous and motivated attitude to work
- Interest in experimental investigations and practical work
- Salaried position with a master-thesis embedded in a current international research-project
- Supervision by experienced researchers and highly qualified technical support
- Period: Starting now, lasting for 6 months
- Contact: Tobias Weiss, Tel 03112 5886-371, firstname.lastname@example.org