AEE - Institute for Sustainable Technologies (AEE INTEC) is a private research institute founded in 1988. AEE INTEC employs around 70 staff members from 10 different nations working as full-time employees, doctoral candidates, master's theses and internship students. AEE INTEC works in the fields of "Buildings", "Cities and Networks", "Technology Development" and "Industrial Systems" on basic and applied research. AEE INTEC cooperates with industries, universities, and other research institutes in national and international R&D projects.
DigitalEnergyTwin is an ongoing research project with the aim of supporting industry with a methodology and software tool to optimise the operation and design of the industrial energy demand and supply system. By applying the digital twin method, detailed models for selected energy-relevant processes and renewable technologies are developed, validated and simplified. The core of the project is the development of an optimisation approach based on both standardised examples and real applications in the manufacturing industry. This is the first time that a solution will be developed for managing in real-time the volatile renewable energy supply and its efficient use for fluctuating energy demand at the process level in industry.
- Development and validation of a model for drilling process based on a data-driven approach.
- Application of the model for the prediction of the energy demand and production planning.
- Data acquisition of sensor/process data from an industrial use case of drilling process.
- Development of a standardised procedure for data management and processing.
- Simplification of the model through parameter studies.
- Description of the procedure for integrating the model into the DigitalEnergyTwin software using the FMU framework.
What we need
- Solution oriented, creative, independent and reliable way of working
- Educational background in industrial processes and renewable technologies
- Interest in thermodynamic based simulation and identification of the relationships between energy demand and sustainable supply
What we offer
- Paid master thesis under the framework of an ongoing research project
- Supervision by experienced staff and competent professional support.
- Time frame: Start date Autumn 2021; duration approx. 6 months
Jürgen Fluch, Tel 03112 5886-454, email@example.com