AEE – Institute for Sustainable Technologies (AEE INTEC) is an independent research association that was founded in 1988. Over 70 employees from 10 different nations are currently working at AEE INTEC. Furthermore, the institute regularly awards dissertations, master theses and internships.
The activities of AEE INTEC include: fundamental as well as applied research
- national and international R&D projects
- cooperation with universities, technical colleges, other research facilities and industry
The three major departments of AEE INTEC are “Thermal Energy Technologies and Hybrid Systems”, “Buildings and Renovation” as well as “Industrial Processes and Energy Systems”.
The overall aim of BuildUPspeed is to accelerate the volume and depth of deep renovation of the EU building stock, supporting the EU renovation wave, by introducing and implementing a Market Activation Platform, specifically for the promotion and implementation of industrialized renovation solutions. BuildUPspeed builds upon and capitalizes the results and outcomes from relevant and related H2020 projects on deep renovation, specific projects and actions on prefabrication, BIM adaption for renovation and industry 4.0. Moreover, BuildUPspeed will build upon the legacy, the approach and the results of several chapters of the Energiesprong’.
Outline of the Master-Thesis
- Ecosystem Austria market profiling: mapping of Austria´s Ecosystem in terms of having a solid picture of the current building deep-renovation market profiles from social, cultural, economic, and geographical points of view
- Mapping tools, stakeholders and financial instruments for the Austrian ecosystem (Analysis of the building’s renovation incentives, available funding schemes, risk allocation and motivators for the investment for the individual, etc.)
- Identifying industrialised renovation matching potentials: barriers and possible solutions (evaluate the market readiness for industrialized solutions, building stock energy saving potential, etc.)
- Research, analysis and categorization of ongoing and completed projects on the subject of renovation (innovative industrialized processes, manufacturing for modular assembly, prefabrication solutions, etc.)
- Creative, solution-oriented, independent and motivated attitude toward work
- Interest in experimental investigations and practical work
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written German and English
- Salaried position with a master-thesis embedded in an ongoing international research-project
- Supervision by experienced researchers and highly qualified technical support
- Period: Starting now, lasting for 6 months
DI Dr. Cornelia Ninaus